If your choice is to stay at Temple University there’s definitely many ways to stay active, busy and engaged in your university community. The following information will help you join student organizations and discover more of the city of Philadelphia.
Join a Club or Organization!
- The Office of Student Activities boasts over 300 clubs & organizations to get involved in! Anything from professional or academic organizations (Temple Advertising Club, College Democrats, etc.) to social organizations such as fraternities or sorrorities or even just activity based clubs such as OwlCapella or “Hoot Paranormal”. For a full directory on how to find a club that fits you visit OwlConnect.Temple.edu
Go on a Service Immersion Trip!
- Student Activities also offers great Service Immersion trips for students to travel to different parts of the country and perform community service as well. Trips include visiting the Rosebud Lakota Reservation in South Dakota & a trip to El Paso, TX! Check out student activities’ website for more information on how to join.
Events & Programs
- Student Activities also does great programming throughout the year. Every Friday from 10pm – 1am there’s Free Food Fun Friday in the Student Center Atrium where you can go and get FREE food and hangout with friends.
- Each month the Office of Student Activities offers an off-campus trip to a local ethnic restaurant where you will receive a three course meal for FREE! You have the opportunity to eat new food, learn more about a culture, make new friends, or get into the city with old friends. Transportation is provided. Seating is limited so please sign up early. In order for our office to ensure that the maximum number of students participate, each student can participate in one program per semester. For more info check out the memorable moments website.
4. PEX Passports
- The division of Undergraduate Studies’ Gen Ed department has created a great program with the City of Philadelphia to get students out and about in the city. Your PEX passports is a plethora of coupons & free admissions passes to some of the great museums and educational centers in the city. Check out your passports now!